Meaningful Use - Stage 2 Solution Kit
The Center for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) published a final rule that specifies the Meaningful Use - Stage 2 criteria for individual care providers, Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) and Hospitals in order to participate and be eligible for federal electronic health record (EHR) incentive programs. The Meaningful Use Stage 2 regulations emphasize the need for adoption of electronic health records; promote better health information exchange between providers & payers to provide quality patient centric healthcare solutions.
ALTEN Calsoft Labs, with its strong healthcare domain and technology experience has been helping hospitals, critical access and community hospitals in their MU-Stage 2 projects right from consulting through implementation and testing.
Our healthcare COE has designed a MU-Stage 2 Compliance kit to fast-track your MU-Stage 2 journey covering all the core and menu objectives laid out in MU-Stage 2 guideline document of CMS.
Some of our offerings as part of the MU-Stage 2 kit are:
- Enable patients to view, transmit and download their health information through self-service online patient portals
- Enable hospitals in implementing an eMAR (Electronic Medication Administration Record) to track medications from order to administration
- Map patient data according to terminology standards such as LOINC, SNOMED CT, ICD-10-CM/PCS and more
- Employ a clinical decision support system for diagnosing critical illness
- Enabling PACS/RIS imaging results through Certified EHR technology
- Record patient family history, demographics and smoking status as part structured EMR
- Provide structured electronic laboratory results to patients
Meaningful Use Implementation Framework
Our team works with you right from assessment to pre-application preparation through the testing process and into on-going certification maintenance support. ALTEN Calsoft Labs' certification support allows you to leverage our experience within a solid framework designed to augment your own internal expertise.
Our consulting services for certification & Meaningful Use compliance are customized for the three primary criteria of functionality, interoperability, and security as published by ONCHIT.