Meaningful Use Compliance for a Healthcare Organization
The customer is a leading healthcare solutions provider for community and critical access care hospitals serving 15,000 patients every day across 900+ hospitals in the US.
The customer wanted to get their EHR product MU-2 compliant and envisaged to gain an early market mover advantage by deploying the product for its customer hospitals, so that they can participate in CMS Medicare/Medicaid incentives program.
Calsoft Labs has been working with the customer for more than 12 years in their health IT initiatives and provided a fast-track MU2 compliant solution leveraging our MU-2 implementation framework.
We provided a complete solution addressing the menu and core objectives as laid out in Meaningful Use document for EP (Eligible professionals)/Hospitals/Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs). The salient features of the solution are:
- Consulting or readiness assessment for gap analysis in their existing product
- SSRS reports that serve as the scorecards for the values of the core and functional measures such as:
- Record and chart changes in vitals of a patient
- Provide patient charts whenever there is a patient transition between care providers
- Provide summary charts to patients pertaining to each visit and enable access to them online via a patient portal
- Reports on Clinical quality measures
- Provision for generation of CCDA (Consolidated Clinical Document Architecture) so that data can be transferred to any other system as XML files pertaining to HL-7 standards and also in a human interpretable form.
- Development of self-service portals where patients can download and share their health information online
- Development of clinical decision support systems for critical illness
- Validation and testing services(Manual/Automation) for:
- The customer gained an early mover advantage in the rural and community healthcare market
- The MU-2 compliant EHR product helped the hospitals in making their practice/operations smart & efficient
- With a fast-track MU2 stage compliant solution, hospitals could participate in federal EHR incentives program
- OS: Windows
- Tools: C#.NET, JAVA/J2EE, MS SQL Server, SSRS and SSIS
- Testing Environment: Proprietary test bed and Teamtrack
- Issue Tracking: Mantis